Dear Brothers and Sisters,
The general election is coming up on November 8!
Getting out the vote is one of the most crucial ways we can protect our good-paying union jobs.. Why? Because our union and the construction industry are connected to our local, state, and federal governments. Elections matter and they impact:
• Work for Our Members
• Funding for Infrastructure Projects
• Land Use Processes
• Labor Law
• Health and Safety Regulation
By actively participating in politics, we can help elect labor-friendly candidates who will fight for higher wages, quality benefits and safety protections that protect you and your fellow working people. That’s why last year, we set out to make the NYC Carpenters Union a political powerhouse and get out the vote through Carpenters RISE. This program has been a great success thanks to you, our members.
Let’s continue this momentum at the polls on November 8th and VOTE for our District-endorsed candidates. Make sure that you are registered to vote and keep in mind the key dates and deadlines below:
• Register to Vote: October 14
• Change of Address: October 19
• Last day for BOE to receive absentee ballot applications: October 24
• Last day to apply in person for absentee ballot: November 7
• Early Voting: October 29 – November 6
• Election Day and Last Day to Postmark Ballot: November 8
When we RISE up and VOTE together, we build carpenter power. That means ensuring that union carpenters have a seat at the table so we can hold people in power accountable and secure a better future for ourselves and our families.
See you at the polls!
BUILD. POWER. PROGRESS.
Joseph A. Geiger
Executive Secretary-Treasurer, NYC District Council of Carpenters